Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Starry Night in Shenandoah National Park

I've been waiting for the new moon, the optimal conditions for night photography.    The night sky at home looked less than optimal as there was scattered cloud cover.  Before I decided to call it a night due to poor conditions for  photography, I checked the sky one last time at 11 PM.  The clouds had decreased, so I took a chance and drove the 2 hours to Shenandoah National Park.  Dodged a few deer in the park, but no serious encounters.

The sky was not perfect but I decided to take a few photos.  Here are the results. Hopefully there will be another clear night during this new moon cycle.








4 comments:

  1. I like the first one with the tree silhouette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one with the tree silhouette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Love the Perseid shower with the Milky way! Great picture! Wish I stayed to see it!
    Enjoyed meeting you and thank your sharing your expert knowledge.
    May

    ReplyDelete